Children's Hospital Foundation cultivates philanthropic partnerships to foster medical excellence to meet the unique needs of children and families within our communities. Our vision is to ensure superior technology and clinical services to provide advanced medical care specifically for children, to attract the highest caliber pediatric medical professionals and to give families the confidence to make Children's Hospital their first choice in pediatric care.The support of our donor family makes a tremendous impact on our healing work.
Through the support of community partners, Children's Hospital Foundation:
- Supports programs that enhance family-centered care and that create a kid-friendly environment including Child Life, Social Work, playrooms, art & music therapy and other key programs to make Children's Hospital a supportive environment for kids and their parents.
- Advances a variety of community health, prevention and safety programs including car seat clinics, bike safety programs, health fairs, The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile and other outreach and educational efforts.
- Champions quality and enhances patient safety through efforts such as quality and safety benchmarking and educational programs and capital acquisitions to implement best practices such as replacing every IV infusion pump in Children's Hospital with "smart pumps" that help eliminate dosage errors for IV medications to children.
- Expands and enhances the healing environment and key technology in clinical areas such as the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and General Pediatric Clinic.
- Enables the purchase of new technology in an environment uniquely designed for kids, such as the creation of the new Emily Ransom CT Ranch which provides high quality, low radiation radiology scans for kids in an area decorated to look like a Western Ranch to reduce the anxiety of young patients.
CLICK HERE to visit the Children's Hospital Foundation main website.